We are seeking an experienced Arboriculturalist who is happy to work both independently and as part of the team, with consultancy experience who is looking to further establish a career within an ambitious and forward thinking environmental consultancy.
As a Consultant Arboriculturalist, you will be involved in the delivery of projects for both internal and external clients and supporting with a growing portfolio of projects, with typical duties including, but not limited to:
- All aspects of the surveying and preparation of development related tree reports to BS5837:2012
- Using digital data capture for survey work (OTISS training will be provided)
- Preparing drawings and reports using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, BricsCAD and QArb software
- Delivery of small and large scale Duty of Care tree surveys
- Local Authority tree officer support
- Adhering to agreed deadlines and managing project budgets
Who we are and what we do
Ecus is a leader in the environmental sector and provides services in ecology, habitat management, carbon and sustainability, arboriculture, water & environment, heritage, landscape design, and ISO business management services.
With multiple regional business units and a very successful leadership team to take the company forward we plan to grow the company substantially over the coming years.
The sectors within which Ecus operates include: transport, energy, development and construction, utilities and government. We have a number of framework agreements and long term contracts with clients across all of these sectors.
The Ecus team has a wide range of technical expertise in environmental consulting. We seek to add to that team by recruiting professionals with relevant skills who are committed to doing their best and with a track record of delivering for clients and for their colleagues.
Working at Ecus
Investing in our people
Whether you are an individual just starting your career or bringing years of experience with you, we support all employees in achieving their next career steps. Investing heavily in our employees and the most up to date technology, we ensure we remain at the forefront with our competitors.
Become part of our team and you’ll be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project lifecycle.
We are always looking for people who share our key values:
- Commitment and Excellence
- Accountability and partnership
- Challenge and Innovation
These are the values that support in making Ecus the business it is today. One that is client focused and able to provide the benefits of innovation through close, productive partnerships. This all adds up to a highly professional, forward thinking culture where people feel inspired to look for ways to improve and continuously raise standards, creating a constant drive to grow the organisation and a robust commercial mind-set. Whilst the work at Ecus can be challenging and comes with high expectations, there is an abundance of training / mentor guidance to support you.
Essential / Desirable Skills and Experience
We are looking for
Essential Skills / Experience
- Level 3 Arboricultural qualification (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience of writing tree works specification and tender documentations
- Proficient tree identification skills
- In-depth understanding of arboriculture that includes delivering BS5837 development related surveys
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad or similar and a willingness to be trained in the use of QArb software, BricsCAD and OTISS data capture
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Hold The Technicians Membership of the Arboricultural Association (TechArborA) or higher
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing for effective working relationships with colleagues and clients to be built / maintained
- Hold an industry recognised tree assessment qualification such as PTI or QTRA
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage own workload to meet client deadlines.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Ability to travel nationwide
What we provide in return
Ecus is an equal opportunities employer, we provide a supportive friendly working environment, offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to have gained Investors in People ‘Silver’ status.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes contributory pension scheme, healthcare benefit package, professional annual membership fees paid, employee benefit scheme i.e. Cycle to Work and Perkbox and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees). All applicants must demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
How to Apply
Everything you need to know to get your application started
There are two ways to apply for this role, through the application form below, or by sending your information to us via email.
Applications can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied for along with a portfolio (if applicable) to demonstrate your range of technical skills and experience.
Supporting file requirements
For CVs, covering letters and portfolios, keep the files to less than 10MB each or include a sharing download link if they exceed this size.