Air quality affects us all
Experienced air quality support
The health effects of elevated pollution levels are increasingly recognised as a significant issue throughout the UK.
This has led to greater scrutiny of development proposals and refusal of planning or permitting consent on air quality grounds.
A comprehensive Air Quality Assessment can therefore make the difference between the success and failure of your project.
Air Quality Assessment Services
We use our experience and knowledge to identify the most appropriate solution for your project, developing a bespoke Air Quality Assessment to address your site specific needs.
Ecus specialises in providing all aspects of air quality consultancy, including:
- Air Quality Assessments in support of planning applications
- Air Quality Assessments in support of Environmental Permit applications
- Dispersion Modelling Assessments
- Odour Assessments
- Air quality monitoring
- Indoor air quality testing
Atmospheric Emissions Dispersion Modelling
Dispersion modelling is recognised as a critical tool in the determination of potential pollutant concentrations, meaning assessments are often requested in support of Environmental Permit and planning applications.
Our specialist advice is provided by our knowledgeable and personable consultants, providing understanding of your project to ensure site-specific solutions.
Ecus maintains a full range of dispersion modelling software packages. These include:
Ecological Air Quality Assessment
An Ecological Air Quality Assessment may be necessary as humans are not the only species susceptible to the effects of poor air quality.
Pollution can also influence natural habitats by damaging individual species, altering the composition of ecological systems and ultimately resulting in loss of vegetation and diversity. Our support includes:
- Completion of Environment Agency Nature and Heritage Conservation Screening to determine the scope of the Ecological Air Quality Assessment
- Completion of the Environment Agency H1 Risk Assessment Software tool
- Dispersion modelling assessment considering potential impacts on sensitive habitats from road vehicle emissions
- Dispersion modelling assessment considering potential impacts on sensitive habitats from industrial emission sources
- Dispersion modelling assessment considering potential impacts from agricultural sources
- Ammonia Assessment including use of Calculator for Road Emissions of Ammonia (CREAM)
- Completion of Simple Calculation of Atmospheric Impact Limits (SCAIL) screening assessments.
Air Quality Monitoring
As high pollution levels make headlines throughout the UK, the need for air quality monitoring is ever increasing. Whether this be in support of an Environmental Permit Application, a planning submission or regulatory compliance, Ecus offers complete testing services for your monitoring requirements.
We provide a wide range of air quality monitoring services, including:
- Ambient air quality monitoring using continuous and periodic methods
- Passive nitrogen dioxide diffusion tube monitoring in line with Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) guidance
- Baseline air quality monitoring studies in support of the residential, commercial and industrial development
- Process emissions quantification and characterisation
- Stack emissions monitoring
- Odour monitoring including emission sampling and quantification
- Field odour assessments
- Indoor air quality testing
- Monitoring to determine compliance with Building Research Establishment Assessment Method (BREEAM) standards
- Workplace exposure monitoring for COSHH Regulations
Odour Assessment Services
Ecus is able to provide all aspects of odour assessment, including:
- Odour Impact Assessments in support of planning and environmental permitting
- Odour Dispersion Modelling
- Odour Sampling and Analysis and Surveys
- Odour Risk Assessments of food preparation premises
- Odour Management Plans
- Odour Complaint and Nuisance Investigation
- Odour Mitigation Planning
- Odour Abatement Plant Options Appraisal
- Odour Abatement Plant Performance Testing and Optimisation
- Kitchen Odour Assessments
We also deliver support across:
- – Low Emissions Strategies
- – Air Quality Neutral Assessments
- – Air Quality Damage Costs Assessments
- – Local Air Quality Management (LAQM) reporting
- – Emissions inventories
- – Air quality screening studies
- – D1 Stack Height Assessments
- – Complaint investigation
- – Dust and Odour Management Plans
- – Expert witness